Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm not telling

"the secret things"
Deuteronomy 29:29

A friend of mine told me a secret the other day.

Well, I guess it's not really a secret, she just asked me not to tell anyone. 

Is that the same thing as a secret? 

See, the difference is, I guess, I don't really know who I'd tell.  I've met the person in question, but she's not someone who's really in my life, so the odds that I'm going to see her anytime soon are somewhere between slim and nil. 

And no one in my family knows this person so they're not going to ask, and they really wouldn't care. 

She told me because she wanted me to pray for her, and for this person.  And I feel honored that she trusted me.

But I really want to tell someone. 

Isn't that sad?  Why are humans like this??  I guess that's what gossip is.  I really don't think I'm a gossip.  I'm just not that social.  But I'm sure I still do it, sometimes without meaning.

But that desire to tell the secret means it's been on my mind a lot, which means I'm reminded to pray frequently, so I think that's a good thing. 

Maybe you should pray for me, and what I guess is, my desire to gossip.

You pray for me, and I'll pray for my friend.  And her secret.

~ "The secret things belong
        to the Lord our God" ~
Deuteronomy 29:29

No comments:

Post a Comment