Saturday, September 14, 2013

It's amazing what we can hear when we're quiet

~ Years ago I wrote years this piece, on the importance of having daily quiet time with God.  I stumbled on it recently, in the deep recesses of my computer, and I thought I'd share it with you. ~


           ~ ON HAVING A DAILY QUIET TIME ~

WHY?
Because Jesus prayed. 
In the morning, in solitude ~ Mark 1:35, 
        Luke 5:16

For His Disciples ~ John 17:11

For all Believers ~ John 17:20-21

He prayed to praise ~ Luke 10:21

He prayed to thank ~ Mark 14:22

He prayed in agony ~ Luke 22:44, 
        Matthew 27:46

He prayed His Father’s will ~ Matthew 26:39

He prayed to show us that we should
         and He prayed to show us how.
        

WHERE?
         Anywhere you’d eat green eggs and ham

         Don’t get caught up in the “where”.   
                  He’ll meet you wherever you are.


WHEN?
         Daily Quiet Time should be Q.U.I.E.T.

         Let the Holy Spirit prompt you 
                  to take advantage 
                  of the quiet in your life!


HOW?
         Just. Do. Something.

         Talk…. Listen…. Read…. 

         Write… Sing... Play...

Variety can be distracting, 
         routine can be a rut… 
                  be led by the Spirit!


~ May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. ~
Psalm 19:14
 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment