Wednesday, September 25, 2013

In His Image

"In the image of God He created them;
male and female He created them"
Genesis 1:27

I spent quite some time today, working on a project.  It was a PowerPoint presentation for a group I belong to, and I had to choose the wording, then work it out onto the right number of slides, and then choose a background for each slide.  Then I had to select the right font, type size, and color for the words, to make each of them readable with their background.

When I was done, I was quite happy.  I felt it looked and would flow the way I thought it should.  So I titled it and sent it off to the person who needed it.

The problem was, someone else was in charge of the speaking that would be going along with the visuals I put together.  And a third person was in charge of the computer from which the PowerPoint would be shown.  All I could do was hope that between the two of them, they moved at the right pace, knew how long to pause at each slide before moving on to the next.

I guess, basically, all I could do was hope they did justice to the beautiful thing I had created.  That they would make my hard work worth it.

Can you guess where I'm going with this?

I'm just wondering how often God feels that way with me.  Say, for instance, with my children.  God has created these awesome, amazing people, and He has entrusted them to a couple of weak, flawed, well-meaning parents.

{No offense to the Apple of my Eye.  
He already knows we're flawed.}

Or maybe God even thinks it about you and me.  He has created us intricately and uniquely.  We have gifts and blessings to offer, that are unlike anyone else.  What are we doing with those?  Are we serving?  Are we sharing?  Or are we hiding our light under a bushel?

You are His masterpiece.  He knitted you together, thoughtfully and lovingly, taking care and time.  And then He gave you life.  And then He gave you free will.

What you do with His creation is up to you.  

~ "For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand 
that we should walk in them." ~
Ephesians 2:10
~

No comments:

Post a Comment