Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Creation Celebration

"cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth"
Genesis 1:24

Yesterday the kids and I ~ along with my sister and my nephew ~ went on a field trip, to the San Diego Safari Park (formerly the San Diego Wild Animal Park).  I've lived in Southern California for a lot of my life, but I've never been there before.  I thought you might like to see some pictures, and celebrate creation with me.


Can you see those younger flamingos in the middle?  They're not pink.  I mean, I know a lot of animals look different when they're young, but I can't believe they go from grey to pink.  Do they turn white in between?  Don't know.  Lovely creatures, though.
~


Okay, seriously, what was God thinking when He created the armadillo?  What an adorably weird, awkward animal.   Somehow, it's hard not to love it.
~


I have no idea what those are, but the colors are so rich and deep!  Gorgeous!
~


Meerkats soaking up the morning sun.  Stop. the. cuteness.
~


I can't believe how big a pelican is, up close. 
 ~


Speaking of big.... large, imposing, and very serious-looking gorilla.  Don't look him in the eye.  Seriously.  They hate that.  But I'll be honest, it's hard not to.
 ~


This little one, on the other hand, didn't seem to care if we looked directly at him.  In fact, he seemed to want us to! 


Lovely lemurs.  Man, I wanted to pet them!  But they frown on that...
~


How about this one?  You think you're just looking at the blue sky and rolling hills of San Diego...


... and then you zoom in and ~ look!  Giraffes!
~


And then we got closer.  There's something so graceful and... I don't know, almost liquid about the way giraffes move.  Beautiful.
~


Majestic.  Awesome.
~


And, of course, the Missus.  Giant, frightening, powerful kitty-cat!  Meow!
~


Again, no idea.... Can you see the white stripes running across his back?  So interesting!
~


How about this beauty?  So lithe and sleek.  And then she lay down and rolled on the ground like my cat does at home.  Charming and gorgeous!
~


Not charming or sleek or graceful or anything like that.  But powerful and strong and interesting enough that you want to stay there for hours and watch him.
~


I don't know what these are either.  I'm sorry; the names made sense when I was reading the signs, but they've left my head now... Love the deep brown of these fellows, and of course, their striking horns.
~


A beautiful blue macaw.  God had such fun with colors, didn't He?
~


These guys did nothing the whole time we watched them, and yet they were fascinating.  I just wanted to keep studying them.
~


But of course, beauty is not confined to the animals!

Lucky Adam.... Lucky Noah.... Lucky us!  He is the Master Creator, and it's our pleasure and privilege to learn about and enjoy His creatures!
~

~ "And God made the beast of the earth 
according to its kind,
cattle according to its kind, 
and everything that creeps on the earth
according to its kind. 
And God saw that it was good." ~
Genesis 1:25
~

No comments:

Post a Comment