Monday, April 11, 2011

Up, Up and Away...

"Your heart will throb and swell with joy"
Isaiah 60:5

I got a lift today.  And I didn't even know I was down.  I woke up with a bit of a complaint.  You know how it is.  We all have something that's our chronic, or recurring whatever.  Maybe your back, or stiff joints, or headaches or something.... Anyhow, I woke up with mine, and it got me to thinking about "the thorn in the flesh".  Paul talks in 2 Corinthians 12 about his "thorn in the flesh".  It tormented him, and three times he pleaded with the Lord to take it away from him.  But God's reply was, "My grace is sufficient for you; My power is made perfect in weakness."  So Paul learned to live with his thorn.

So I was thinking today about living with our thorns.  We all have something that weakens us, which is good, as it makes us dependent on Him.  And I wasn't feeling depressed or down or anything.  I was thinking about perseverance and getting my strength from Him.

But then I got a lift.  I mean to tell you, I was lifted.  Don't get me wrong ~ perseverance is a great thing.  God expects it of us.  And when the road is rocky ~ ooh!  Am I the only one who wants ice cream now??

Sorry.  Focus.  When the road that we're on is rocky, we have to concentrate very hard on taking the next step.  Very basic things require more prayer than they normally would.  And prayer is a good thing.  Being in His Word, just trying to please Him as we go from day to day.  Or even moment to moment.

The problem is, that when we're watching our footing, our heads are down.   When I am weak, I'm very aware of my weakness, which means I'm very aware of me.  I had a sweet experience today that reminded me ~ right down to my soul ~ how wonderful He is.

He is forgiveness, grace and mercy... and He loves me.

He is the Creator of the Universe, all-powerful, invincible.... and He's got my back.

The seas lift up their voice, the rivers clap their hands, the mountains sing with joy, the stones cry out their praise.... and I'm looking intently down at my feet??  Not today.  My soul is in the clouds, with Him, encircled by the rainbow around His throne.  Which is right where I should be!


~ I breathe, therefore I praise. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment