Saturday, July 20, 2013

Look out!

"she looked through a window"
2 Samuel 6:16

{At the end of this, you're probably gonna be thinking,  
"Why don't you just wash your car?"  
And I'm gonna respond, "I know, I know... 
but I keep forgetting.  
And it's hot outside.  

And I keep forgetting."}

So, um, my car needs to be washed.  I mean, it's not horrible, but it's dirty.  It's been several weeks since it's been washed, but I've always just felt that a car's job is transportation, you know?  So while I don't like when the kids leave trash or whatever in the back seat, I've never been a real stickler about washing it.

And on top of that, I need new wiper blades.  Seems like I just replaced them, but maybe with the California sun they start to deteriorate quickly.  Or maybe we just bought a low-quality brand.  It's not a big deal, because it doesn't rain very often here, and even if it does, I'm probably not driving at the time. 

Anyhow, cleaning my windshield with those wipers has been sort of pointless lately.  The streaks that result are worse than the dirt.  But the other day, when we stopped for gas, the Apple of my Eye washed my windshield for me.  And even though my car isn't any cleaner, it feels cleaner.  The windshield is the part I look at as I'm driving, and frankly, my outlook has improved. 

Just another reminder to me that it's all in how you view things.  Perspective.  Making a few changes might be just what you need to make things seem brighter.

How do things look in your life?  And which way are you looking?  

~ "The sun shines ever brighter
   unto the perfect day" ~
Proverbs 4:18
~

No comments:

Post a Comment