Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Made With Love

"fearfully and wonderfully made"
Psalm 139:14

This is me.

I'm the tall one.  The little one looks a lot like me, if a bit jaundiced...



The small one is sort of a "mini-me".  My Amazing Boy bought it for me at the Lego Store in New York City.  Apparently, there are little bins full of varied body parts, and you can select pieces to create a personalized version.  So he bought one for me, and one for his sister, my Awesome Girl.

They are cleverly designed, in the way they represent each of us.  And, of course, I look a lot like my sweet girl in real life, but our "miniatures" have enough differences to look different from one another, and yet still like each of us.  My boy did a good job with his "designing".

And my mom, who was also on the NY trip, said he had a ball doing it.  She said he was crouched down in front of these bins for several minutes, carefully and gleefully combing through the parts, choosing the ones that would best represent my daughter and me.   

I just loved that picture in my mind, of my sweet boy getting such joy out of this task.  He was so excited to present us with these "souvenirs" when he got home, I could just imagine how much fun he had putting them together.

Isn't that a wonderful picture of God, and His love for each of His children? 

"You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb"

Taking joy, in the person He was creating, knowing each of us intimately. 

"You know my sitting down and my rising up...
You comprehend my path and my lying down"

Our strengths and our weaknesses...

"O Lord, You have searched me and known me...
You understand my thought afar off"

Our past and our future...

"in Your book they all were written,
the days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them"

And if my son had fun creating "me," how much more my Father?

Now go read Psalm 139.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment