Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Just passing the time

"in much patience"
2 Corinthians 6:4

I was throwing out some old magazines the other day, and came across a photo I love.  I haven't thought about it in awhile, and I was entertained to see it again.  

photo credit:  Sports Illustrated
You see what's happening there?  That's Tennessee center John McNeil, on the bottom of the dog-pile.  And while things are getting sorted out and players are getting to their feet and the refs decide who has possession, McNeil is passing the time by untying the shoes of his competitor, who is blissfully unaware.   Cracks me up...

It occurred to me as I looked at the photo, that this is a great way to approach this scenario in our lives.  When circumstances are piling on... you feel trapped or overwhelmed, maybe having trouble breathing ~ metaphorically speaking of course. 

Patience.  God has it sorted.   Trust Him, because in reality, you're not trapped; you just feel that way.  So relax, and wait on Him.

But don't be afraid to have a little fun while you're waiting.

~ "Those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength" ~
Isaiah 40:31
~

No comments:

Post a Comment