Thursday, September 1, 2011

Once upon a time ~ and always

"I am the Lord, I do not change"
Malachi 3:6

I love to study all the different words and phrases that describe God.  Like King, Shepherd and Judge.  But I'm thinking today of how many of those descriptions of Him are verbs.  He is a God of action... of doing...

He is the Creator; continually creating ~

       "Then God said, 'Let there be light...' "
              "Then God said, 'Let the earth bring forth grass...' "
                       Then God created great sea creatures... 
                          and every winged bird..."

Surely you don't think that He's all done creating?
                     

He is the Protector ~

       "David said, 'It is God who avenges me... 
                               He delivers me from my enemies"
               and, "my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow
                  of Your wings I will make my refuge, 
                  until these calamities have passed by."

Surely you don't think that He's no longer protecting?


He is the Giver of wisdom ~

       "God said to Solomon, "Because you have not asked riches
            or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies... 
            but have asked wisdom and knowledge... 
            wisdom and knowledge are granted to you."
              Solomon said, "God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy 
                 to a man who is good in His sight."

Surely you don't think He has no more wisdom to give?

What He did, He still does.  He does not change.

~ "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever"
Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment