Friday, September 16, 2011

Who's your Daddy?

"children of God"
John 1:12

My family was watching TV a few nights ago, and there was an ad for something {I'm not even sure what ~ good commercial, eh?} that had a mom and dad looking in on their newborn via a camera.  The mom and dad were in their bedroom, and could keep an eye on the baby on their computer.  My Amazing Boy scoffed a little, and said, "yeah, like parents would really be that desperate to see their baby."  The Apple of my Eye and I both spoke together, "that's exactly how parents feel!"

We explained to him how, when you're a new parent, you check on your baby almost constantly.  And how, the first time they sleep through a feeding, you panic, and run to check on them.  And then you feel a little silly for having been so paranoid, and then you do it again a half hour later...

And we told him how much you love to just look at your baby.  Even your sleeping baby.  Sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry, but you're not just looking, you're studying... noticing the little creases... and the swirls of hair... and the way the baby's mouth puckers and unpuckers.

This, my friends, is love.  And though I haven't experienced all the kinds of love there are, I'm gonna say it's the strongest.  I mean, let's be honest.  I've been married for twenty-plus years, to the most wonderful guy on earth, but I've never watched him sleep.  {Sorry, dear.  Nothing personal.}

And the best part about getting to experience that incredible love for my kids, is knowing that it's exactly how He feels about me.

And it's exactly how He feels about you.

~ "In the beginning was the Word, 
and the Word was with God, 
and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning.  
In Him was life 
and that life was the light of all mankind.  
And to all who did receive Him, 
to those who believed in His name, 
he gave the right to become children of God.  
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, 
and we beheld His glory; 
the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, 
full of grace and truth." ~
John 1:1-2, 4, 12, 14
(great verses!)

No comments:

Post a Comment