Monday, September 17, 2012

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

"what do you think?"
Matthew 21:28

A friend of mine was judging me the other day.  At least I think she was.  She didn't say anything, but she was thinking it.  At least I think she was.

I was telling her about a decision I'd made regarding my kids.  Her kids are younger than mine, so she hasn't yet been in my position on this issue.  And yet she was judging me for my decision!

At least, I think she was...


*sigh*   Why do we do that?  Why are we so sure that others are judging us, when really it's just in our own minds? 

Why do we think people are thinking negative thoughts about us, when maybe they're not even thinking about us at all?

Is it because we are thinking poorly of ourselves?

Or is it because we are guilty of judging others, so we assume it's happening in return?



Which is worse, thinking too much about myself, or thinking too much about what people think of me? 

I think maybe I need to think more about what God thinks. 

Don't you think?

~ "Commit your works to the Lord, 
and your thoughts will be established" ~
Proverbs 16:3

No comments:

Post a Comment