Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm so glad I did.

"It is not good that man should be alone"
Genesis 2:18

Okay, that's not me saying that.  It was God.  I tease the Apple of my Eye sometimes, reminding him of this verse when he's forgotten where we keep the extra kleenex or something.  But the truth is, we are both better off for being together.  We were flying home from our Thanksgiving vacation recently, and had a flight delay.  We ended up sitting in the Phoenix airport for a few hours.  And I told him how glad I was that we were all together.  When I'm with the Apple of my Eye, difficult things feel like an adventure, and I find reasons to laugh. 

I am so glad that God decreed that this man I love should not be alone.  It is my privilege to be his helpmate, his companion, his best friend, his love.  This marriage was known to God from the beginning.  He decided during creation that this man should not be alone, and He decided as He planned and orchestrated the creation of the earth, that I should be the one for him.

God tells us in Ecclesiastes that we two together, are better than either one of us alone.  Malachi 2:14 says that the Lord made us one, and that in flesh and spirit, we are His.  I love to know that from the beginning of time, God knew that we would be together, and I love to think that He rejoices in this marriage, and every marriage where He is Lord.

~ "Love is patient, love is kind.  
It does not envy, it does not boast, 
it is not proud.  It is not rude, 
it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, 
it keeps no record of wrongs.  
Love does not delight in evil 
but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, 
always hopes, always perseveres.  
Love never fails." ~
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment