Sunday, May 22, 2011

Did you feel it, too?

"rejoice and be glad"
Psalm 118:24

I had a moment today.  

Have you ever had one?  You must have.  It was wonderful.

I had just arrived at Amazing Boy's baseball game.  Sat in my chair, and found myself looking at green grass and blue sky.   The boys had taken the field with all the enthusiasm you would expect of 11-year-olds at a playoff game.  There were a few birds flying overhead.  Big ones.  There's a lake very nearby, so I've seen geese, ducks and gulls as well as hawks, and smaller, harder to define birds.


I also saw, off in the distance, two kites flying.  I think the presence of kites signifies the perfection of a day, don't you?   You have to have blue sky and a beautiful breeze.   It's a rule of kite-flying.   So when I looked up and saw those kites, I realized how beautiful the day was.

And all of a sudden, I was very aware of God.   I sometimes think that He manifests Himself differently to help us be more aware of Him.  His characteristics and qualities are, really, too complex for us to understand.

But I felt Him as Jesus in the beautiful nature I was seeing ~ because Colossians 1 says "the Son is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn over all creation.  For in Him all things were created:  things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible... all things have been created through Him and for Him."




And I felt Him as the Holy Spirit in the breeze I was feeling.  The word "spirit" comes from the Latin for "breath".  The Holy Spirit is the breath of God felt as a rushing mighty wind in the upper room as tongues of fire came to rest on the believers who were there.  So when I feel a breeze, I think of His Spirit.

And I felt Him as.... Him.  Lord.  God.  Sovereign.  Majesty.  The great I Am.  Psalm 139 says, "If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me."  




He is everywhere.  Whether we know it or not.  But we get so caught up in worries and plans and day-to-day business, that we forget to realize His presence.

Today ~ in a beautiful moment ~ I knew it.


~ "This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad." ~
Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment