Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Have you forgotten?

"He cannot deny Himself"
2 Timothy 2:13

Sometimes when I listen to other people pray, or talk about God, I feel like I'm remembering something about Him that I've forgotten.  I tend to think about, and pray to God as "Father," "Abba," and with a vision of Jesus when He was on earth.  Gentle, lamb-holding, child-welcoming, meek as a Lamb being led to slaughter.  But then I'll be reminded somehow of His omniscience; His power; or His sovereignty.  Fortunately, He is always who He is.  My failure to remember an aspect of His character does not negate that aspect.

So I thought I'd remind myself ~ and maybe you ~ of who He is.  Just in case you'd forgotten...

He is the Conqueror
~ "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power and the glory,
the victory and the majesty; 
For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours;
Yours is the kingdom, O Lord,
And You are exalted as head over all." ~
1 Chronicles 29:11

He is the Giver of every good thing
~ "The lions may grow weak and hungry, 
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing." ~
Psalm 34:10

There is none before Him
~ "You may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. 
Before Me, no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me." ~
Isaiah 43:10

He is to be Worshipped
~ "God is spirit, and His worshippers must worship Him 
in spirit and in truth." ~
John 4:24

He is Unsearchable
~ "Oh, the depths of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! 
How unsearchable are His judgements and His ways past finding out." ~
Romans 11:33

He is my Sustainer
~ "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." ~
Psalm 55:22

He gives Peace
~ "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." ~
Isaiah 9:6

He is, always has been, and always will be: "I Am"


No comments:

Post a Comment