Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Where, oh Where?

"From that time, 
many of His disciples went home, 
and no longer followed Him.  
Then Jesus said to the twelve, 
'Do you also want to leave?'  
But Simon Peter answered Him, 
'Lord, where would we go?' "
John 6:66-68


The disciples that ceased following Him, did so because His teaching was too hard.  They could not understand it.  They could not accept it.  But Peter's response to Jesus' question is a point well-taken.  If he ceased from following Jesus, where would he go?

I do not always understand the path God has chosen for my life.  And sometimes it seems too hard.  But I cannot cease from following Him.  Where would I go?

God is asking me to serve Him in many different areas of my life.  Sometimes, I feel He is asking me to use talents or skills that I don't feel that I have.  And sometimes, I am too tired.  But I cannot cease from following Him.  Where would I go?

God is asking me to watch someone I love walk through a very difficult time.  And I am drawn, by love, to walk with them.  It sometimes seems too painful.  But I cannot cease from following Him.  Where would I go?

There are things that I want to do, or be, or have in my life.  But God wants me to have His priorities.  It sometimes seems too frustrating.  But I cannot cease from following Him.  Where would I go?

He is love.  The source of grace and peace and faith and life.  Where would I go from Him?  Why would I go?

~ "Lord, where would we go?  
You have the words of eternal life." ~
John 6:68

No comments:

Post a Comment