Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We Need to be the "Lighthouse"

I have a treat for you today.  I had to go out of town, so I invited my Awesome Girl to be my Guest Blogger.  I simply asked her to write about something that she thinks is important for all of us to know.  She has chosen to share one of her favorite songs, and how it speaks to her.  Enjoy.
~ Lighthouse ~

Like ships bound for shipwreck
Most people just simply drift along
And miss their destination
Without knowing anything is wrong.

No direction and without a care
Feels so good and then you're lost out there
Don't you remember how it felt
'til someone showed the way?

It's up to you
It's up to me
To be the lighthouse
They should know they're not alone

So shine 
So they can see
 The lighthouse
And find their way back home

       -by Anthem Lights

I think that this songs has a great and special meaning. We have to tell people about the Savior. This is the reason we were put on earth; to shout the good news to everyone we see. As it says in the song, "It's up to you, it's up to me, to be the lighthouse". It's our job to guide people to the light. To tell about how God had, and has, such a great and awesome love for us, that He sent His one and ONLY Son, to DIE. He didn't send His Son to be our attorney and argue for us. He sacrificed His son. This is an amazing fact to me. Would you do that? Would you send your child as a sacrifice? Probably not. 


This is the truth we need to share with the world. Will you share it?

Matthew 5:14, 15
"You are the light of the world.
A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.
Instead they put it on its stand,
and it gives light to everyone in the house."

No comments:

Post a Comment