Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Speaking what's written

Do you ever feel, when you pray, that you don't know what to pray?

I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress 
and my deliverer...

Or do you ever not pray, because you don't know what to pray?

My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation; 
my stronghold...

Do you ever wish there were a prayer script; that a writer had written words of prayer for you?

In my distress I called upon the Lord,
and cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
and my cry came before Him

Words of praise, and thanksgiving, and courage are waiting for you to pray.

He sent from above, He took me;
He drew me out of many waters.
He delivered me from my strong enemy...

No assembly required; no work needed on your part.
Just a Bible.  And a little bit of faith.

For who is God, except the Lord?
The Lord lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Therefore I will give thanks to You,
O Lord,
and sing praises to Your name.


{All verses from Psalm 18}

No comments:

Post a Comment