Sunday, February 17, 2013

The sin yet to be sinned

"forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us"
Matthew 6:12


I asked for forgiveness the other day.  

For something I hadn't even done.  

But I'm afraid someday I might.  I mean, I probably will.  I'm actually pretty darn sure that I'll do it without meaning to.  

You see, someone just did it to me, and it hurt.  

I know I've never hurt someone this way, because I've never been in the position to.  Never had the power to, if you will. 

But someday I might be in a position to, and then I might, without meaning to, hurt someone in the same way.  

I know the person who hurt me had no intention to.  From their standpoint, I'm sure it seemed a fairly harmless thing.

But the "harmless" things can hurt just as much. 

And I'm sorry already. 


~ "if you forgive men their trespasses,
your heavenly Father will also forgive you" ~
Matthew 6:14
~

No comments:

Post a Comment