Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Lesson from the Scotchmallow

"feed on carmel" *
Jeremiah 50:19

* yeah, I know, this verse is a bit of a stretch, but it made me giggle, so it's my lead-in for this post :-)

It's called the Scotchmallow.  Marshmallow and caramel covered in chocolate.  

photo credit: cocoa-heaven.com

Isn't it beautiful?  Yikes.  And slightly huge.  I probably could size that photo down, but I'm just gonna leave it that way, so you can fully appreciate it in all its glory.

It's made by See's Candy Company.  Maybe others make something similar; I'm not sure. 

I don't know if you've got See's where you live.  It used to be just a California thing, but maybe they've branched out now. 

See's makes a lot of candies, and this one is my favorite.   But in a one-pound box of See's, you only get one.  But I long ago learned to recognize the exact size and shape of a Scotchmallow, and the peculiar decorative chocolate swirl on the top. 

By peculiar, I mean unique to this particular chocolate, not that it's weird.

Last year, though, my parents bought me a one-pound box of See's, and inside was nothing but Scotchmallows.  I didn't even know you could custom order a box of See's, and there they all were, specially chosen for me, and fully loved.

And you know what?  You are God's Scotchmallow.  You are his beloved.  Every part of you.  He has loved you since before you were born.  Since before the beginning of time. 

You bring Him joy, because you're peculiar.

~ "I have chosen you out of the world" ~
John 15:19
~

No comments:

Post a Comment