Sunday, April 20, 2014

Beautiful Blessings

"whatever things are lovely"
Philippians 4:8

I play mah-jongg.  Online.  It's probably nothing like the real thing, but it gives me something to do with my hands sometimes. 

I used to play solitaire, like normal people, but my daughter introduced me to the game (while we were standing in line for a ride at an amusement park) a few years ago, and something about it appealed to me, so when we got back home, I found a version I could play on my computer.

One of the things that's fun about it, is the pictures on the tiles.  There are standard pictures, that are on the tiles people play with in real life:


Aren't they lovely?  Plus there are other symbols, interesting looking Asian ones.  And even more fun, on the online website, there are "themed" versions of the game:  winter, Christmas, St Patrick's Day, Independence Day, etc. 

Lately, when I play, I've been playing the "Easter" version, and can I just say: the symbols on the tiles are so pretty.  Vivid butterflies, brightly colored jelly beans, several varieties of flowers, birds, rabbits, rainbows, and the like.  And I'm enjoying how delightful everything is.

And today I thought about all these beautiful things, in the context of Easter.  Life, color, beauty... They just seem perfect in light of Jesus' sacrifice for us, and the promises that come with it.  

All things lovely...
     All things pleasant...
          All things joyous...
               All things fulfilling...
                    All things good and beautiful...

Are ours, only in Him.

Christ is risen, He is risen indeed!

~ "Arise, shine;
    for your light has come!
   And the glory of the Lord
      is risen upon you!" ~
  Isaiah 60:1
~

No comments:

Post a Comment