Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Captured Memories

 "my son"
2 Timothy 2:1

You see this boy?


Yeah, me neither.  But he's back there; trust me.  Love that kid. 

You see this woman?


Yes, she's a woman, though she might look like a kid from here.  She does up close, too.

I don't know her name.  {Actually, I just can't remember it.  I only heard it once.}  But she has been in and out of my life for years.

Every year of Little League, on the first day, there's a team photo taken.  We get a couple of wallet-sized pics of my smiling boy with his bat in hand, and a 5x7 of the whole team in their brand-spanking-new uniforms.  {Enjoy the white... it's not gonna last....}

But then, partway into the year, this lovely young woman appears at a Saturday game and spends two hours taken dozens and dozens of pictures.  Action shots, as opposed to the sweet but sometimes stilted posed photos.

This was many, many moons ago.  Still so much fun for me to look at!

These are some of the best photos I have of my little ballplayer.  While the photos of him in action are awesome, as his momma I'm absolutely crazy about the candid expressions she catches:  concentration, lightheartedness, joy, effort...

A wee bit taller, and still just as serious about his baseball!

I'm so grateful for her work, in the sun, wearing a helmet the whole time, running around to different spots on the field to get a variety of angles, and everyone's faces.  She works hard, and I am blessed.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The pants are not-so-much white anymore....

It's amazing, isn't it?  The lasting impact that people can have on our lives, with only the briefest of connections.  She's just doing her job, and I happily pay a reasonable fee for memories I will cherish forever.

See that adorable game-face? 

I actually had an occasion to talk with her this year.  Though she works hard during the game, when there was a pitching change, she came near the fence to stand in the shade for a few minutes, and I made conversation with her, telling her how much I love her work.

We don't always have the opportunity, or the wherewithal, to thank those to whom we are grateful.  I was glad to have the chance.  I love that we can be grateful not only to Him, but also those through whom He blesses us.



~ "For what thanks can we render to God for you,
for all the joy with which we rejoice
for your sake before our God" ~
1 Thessalonians 3:9
~

No comments:

Post a Comment