"to teach the children"
2 Samuel 1:18
I'm getting set for next year's schooling already. I both hate and love this time of year. Part of me just wants to concentrate on finishing this year, but I can't wait until late August to get organized. At the same time, it's always exciting to look through books and plan how and what my kids (and I) will learn next year.
The trigger was a box full of hand-me-down books from a friend of mine. She moved last weekend, and found some stuff she didn't need anymore, so she gave them to me. So I went through the stack, and got out the stuff I already had in my garage, and laid books out all over the dining room table, and made notes and rearranged the books and then rearranged them again.
Anyhow, one of the things I discovered was some Bible study curriculum, including a quiz book. So I thought I'd let you get in on the fun! This is going to differ from quizzes I've given you in the past, however, as these are not multiple choice. We've got some matching, and some short answer. You ready? Then allez-cuisine!
Match the description with the correct name:
1. father of John the Baptist A. Emmanuel
2. brought to Christ by Philip B. Gabriel
3. prophesied where Christ would be born C. Herod
4. attempted to kill Jesus D. Nathanael
5. means "God with us" E. Micah
1. Where was Jesus born?
2. Who warned Joseph to flee to Egypt?
3. Where was Jesus baptized?
4. How did Jesus answer satan at each temptation?
5. What was Jesus' first miracle?
~ "You, O Lord of hosts,
You test the righteous,
And see the mind and heart" ~