Sunday, June 1, 2014

Why I Loved May

"of the fifth month"
 Numbers 33:38

May... a gentle and lovely month, the first couple days of which always have me singing songs from Camelot.  "The month of May was come..." as Sir Thomas Malory wrote.  And as the month comes to a close, I'm looking back and thanking God for all that made May what it was...

May was jacaranda trees with their abundant purple blossoms, carpeting the grass beneath them.


May was still the cool of spring, and the gift of "May Gray" mornings... temperatures in the 70s, and blustery days.

May was a bittersweet good-bye to one adventure, and looking forward to what God has for me next.


May was getting together with a friend at our local ubiquitous coffee house.  We chatted and laughed and even cried a little.  Memories are better when they're shared with another.

May was my "baby" turning 14.  He's leaving behind childhood, and has become a fine young man.  Every day with my kids is a joy.


May was baseball.  'Nuff said.

May was a butterfly that was actually a leaf.  And each of them was beautiful.

May was sending my "little girl" off to prom, as a young lady.  And each of them was beautiful.


May was a more relaxed schedule, with a little more time to read, and to start home improvement projects... It was a celebratory dinner, a purple orchid, exciting news and goodbye hugs... May was "thank you's" given and gratefully received.

May was a constant reminder that I am in His hands.  I am blessed.

~ "But for me it is good to be near God" ~
Psalm 73:28
~

No comments:

Post a Comment