Saturday, December 10, 2011

Does this mean I'm the bologna?

"Like mother, like daughter"
Ezekiel 16:44

Happy Circumstance #1:  A few weeks ago, I got an email-invitation from a friend of mine.  She and her grown daughter were planning an event, and she was inviting me to join them.   A couple of hours later, I got another invite to the same event ~ from my friend's daughter.  She and I do some volunteer work together, so we're good friends.  I was tickled by the fact that I'm friends enough with both of them to be invited by them independently!

Happy Circumstance #2:  On Halloween, I took my Amazing Boy trick-or-treating in my parents' neighborhood.  I like to do that because then we can pop in on my folks, and sit down and rest a little while we visit them.  Use the "necessary room" if it's necessary, get a glass of water, etc.  And after we left their house, we popped in on a friend of theirs.  She's one of my mom's best friends, and her husband died this year, so I thought I'd check to see how she's doing, ask about her grandkids, etc.  It was a very nice visit.

I've heard the term "Sandwich Generation" used to describe those who care for their parents while still raising their own children, but I think this term might apply to me, too.  I'm not caring for my parents; they are still healthy, youngish, and independent, but I do feel a wonderful sense of being "sandwiched" in-between generations.  I'm friends with my friends, I'm friends with my daughter's friends, and I'm friends with my mom's friends.

Wisdom, laughter, energy, creativity, camaraderie, and fun.  Not to mention wonderful, interesting similarities and differences between generations.  I am so, so blessed.

~ "Your faithfulness endures to all generations" ~
Psalm 119:90

No comments:

Post a Comment