Thursday, December 29, 2011

Are you seeking? Or hiding?

"Whom are you seeking?"
John 20:15

Jesus uttered these words.  He was standing before Mary Magdalene, and He was the One she was seeking.  She saw Him, but she did not recognize Him. 

Verse 8 says that Peter and John saw the empty tomb, and the linen cloths, and that was enough for them.  They believed that Jesus was risen based on that.  Did Mary not believe?  Or did her Lord, risen, not look like He had before?  He certainly didn't look like the beaten and bloody Man of three days before.  Yet He stood there in front of her, asking, "Whom are you seeking?"

I feel like He's asking me this question lately.  I am seeking an answer from Him, on His will for my life, but I wonder, if He were in front of me, would He ask me, "Whom are you seeking?" 

He stands right in front of me, fully available to me ~ am I seeking something else?  Do I not recognize Him?  Does unbelief stand in my way, or does He simply not look like I thought He would?

He promises me that if I seek Him, I will find Him. 

~ "He is a rewarder of those 
       who diligently seek Him" ~
Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment