Friday, December 9, 2011

Waiting my turn

"As we have opportunity, let us do good"
Galatians 6:10

I have a new friend.  She and her family just started going to our church.  My Awesome Girl actually knows her daughter; they have a homeschool class together.  I never would have recognized them when they came to church, but my daughter thought their daughter looked familiar, so she introduced herself.  Sure enough, they'd seen each other at class. 

Immediately upon meeting me, the mother suggested carpooling to class, and since they have to drive past our house, she just offered to pick up my girl on the way.  I still have to pick my daughter up, because they don't come straight home, but it saves me (and my Amazing Boy) from having to sit in the car all through the class.  I thought it was so nice of her to offer, especially when there's really nothing I can do in return.  Because they stay late, I can't even offer to bring the girls home. 

Today, the mom called to make arrangements for this week.  They don't have their second class this week, so she offered to take the girls to and from their class.  Again, it doesn't make any sense for me to do the driving, because the mom has something else she needs to do in the area, so she's going to do that while the girls are in class. 

I've known this person only a couple weeks, and she just keeps blessing me.  It's Christmastime, and my to-do list is longer than usual, and she is giving me the gift of time.  And the time our girls are spending together is giving my girl another friend, which is a wonderful gift at her age.

This verse is very personal to me today.  I haven't yet had the opportunity to do good for this new friend of mine.  I know God will give me the occasion to be a blessing to her.  I pray I'll recognize that chance when it comes!

~ "Serve one another in love" ~
Galatians 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment