Monday, October 1, 2012

The sweet comfort of knowing

"they know his voice"
John 10:4

I heard the sound of chirping the other day, and I knew before I looked that our woodpecker was visiting in our apple tree.  I hear lots of tweets and chirps outside, but I know the sound of our woodpecker.

Ever since my children were young, even when I was near a group of children, if one of my children called me, I knew it was them.  I know the sound of my children's voices.

A car drives down our street every few minutes, especially during the "people-coming-home-from-work-time" but I know when the Apple of my Eye is home.  I know the sound of my hubby's car pulling into the driveway.

My sweetie and I went for a walk the other evening.  We left the dog in the backyard, and she barked because she wasn't being allowed to go with us.  When we got to the end of our block, I could still hear her barking.  I could hear other dogs barking too, but I knew which one was her.  I know the sound of my dog barking.

Sweeter still ~ I know my Savior's voice.  Just as He promises.

~ "I am the good shepherd;
and I know My sheep,
  and am known by My own" ~
John 10:14

No comments:

Post a Comment