Saturday, October 13, 2012

Out Loud

"There is no speech or language"
Psalm 19:3


What a beautiful verse...  Really, the whole psalm is beautiful.  It refers to all the speaking that creation does, without saying a word.

The heavens declare His glory, the skies proclaim the work of His hands... Nothing is hidden from the heat of the sun, just as nothing is hidden from Him.  Luke 19 says that if we do not praise Him, the stones would cry out.  And I believe that all nature sings His praise, in a language we cannot hear.

But I also believe that we, too, speak to Him without speech or language, whether we know it or not.  Many of His children know Him, but do not, cannot, or will not pray.  Many more do not know Him at all ~ but still He hears them.  When I pray it's sometimes silent, sometimes out loud, sometimes in song, sometimes in writing.  And He hears and treasures all of it.

There are times when I am so grateful to know that He hears me, even without the benefit of speech or language.  He hears my tears, He hears my desperation, He hears the ache in my heart.

Whether you travel on the wings of eagles, or in the lowest valley, you need not utter a word to be heard by Him.  He hears and understands the jumble of your thoughts, even better than you do.

He hears us when we shout, sing, or speak.  And He hears us when we don't. 


~ "Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all you stars of light!
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
For He commanded and they were created" ~
Psalm 148:3,5

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! I wish every person in the world could have a copy.

    Oh, wait, they do.

    ReplyDelete