Friday, March 1, 2013

Tut-tut, it looks like rain!

"Blessed is he who watches"
Revelation 16:15

It rained last night.  It's supposed to some more today, but I'm not sure when.  Weather's like that, ya know?

So when I got up this morning, I went outside to look at the sky.  It was beautiful.  I love the look of the sky when there are clouds, especially nimbus clouds.  The sun peeks out from behind one or more layers, and there are so many variations on light and dark.


Beautiful.  


I look out the window almost as soon as I get up every day.  Not so much wondering about the weather, because here in Southern California there's not really much in the way of variation.  But the sky is so beautiful in the morning, that I take a peek just for appreciation. 

And almost every day, when I do, I think about the prophecies of Jesus' return to earth.  Mark 13 says "in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory..." 

And since 2 Peter 3 and Revelation 3 say He will come when we least expect Him ~ "as a thief in the night" ~ it's not a bad idea to keep an eye on the sky...


~ "Behold, He is coming with clouds" ~
Revelation 1:7 
~

No comments:

Post a Comment