Thursday, August 15, 2013

And yet...

"afterward...
compassion"
Jeremiah 12:15

Yesterday I was thinking about sinning, and our propensity to keep right on doing it.  Our obstinacy.  Our stubbornness.  Our hard-hearted, stiff-necked-ness.

Today, I'm thinking about how His love outlasts all.  That we are never too far gone to be forgiven.  To get back in His good graces.
 
The apostle Paul is a good example of this.  God completely welcomes us. 

And we are given a place among His people. 

~ "Now this is what the Lord says:  'I will uproot from their land all the evil nations reaching out for the possession I gave My people Israel... But afterward I will return and have compassion on all of them.  I will bring them home to their own lands again... And if these nations truly learn the ways of My people, and if they learn to swear by My name, saying, "As surely as the Lord lives," then they will be given a place among My people.' " ~
Jeremiah 12:14-16
~

No comments:

Post a Comment