Saturday, August 17, 2013

Comfort in Listening

"I know My own, 
and My own know Me"
John 10:14

Such a comfortable verse.

He knows me, indeed.  I am His own.

He knows every hair on my head, and loves me to the maximum allowed by His definition of the word.

I know this, and as a valuable a piece of information as it is, I often forget it.  Could there be any thought more comforting than His knowledge of me?

And I know Him.  I know much about Him, from His word.  I know everything I have read; everything He has revealed to me.  And the more I study, the more I will learn.

Admittedly, it's sometimes hard to recognize His voice.  The enemy does great impersonations.

But He states a fact that His own know Him.  It's a promise.  He also gives the gift of His Spirit, giving us the discernment, that we will not be fooled.

I know His voice.  The trick is to listen to nothing else.

~ "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger,
but will flee from him, 
for they do not know the voice of strangers" ~
John 10:5
~

No comments:

Post a Comment