Wednesday, February 5, 2014

That's why it's called "following"

"A man's mind plans his way, 
 but the Lord direct his steps"
Proverbs 16:9

Oh, how my mind plans my way!  Oh, the plans I have for my day, my tomorrow, my future...  My mind plans, my hands prepare, my mouth proclaims...

Yet, when I go to take a step, my feet do not necessarily go in the direction I planned.  My path, in actuality, is directed by Him, not by me.  My plans, my thoughts, my preparations must be in line with His, and my feet must be ready to turn, at a moment's notice, to accommodate some "sudden" change of plans that only He foresaw. 

And then, beautifully and unexpectedly, I find comfort and joy and rest in letting Him direct my steps.

~ "You are great in counsel
and mighty in work,
for Your eyes are open 
to all the ways of the sons of men, 
to give everyone according to his ways
and according to the fruit of his doings" ~
Jeremiah 32:19
~

No comments:

Post a Comment