Thursday, June 14, 2012

God the Creator created creators!

"The Lord who created you"
Isaiah 43:1

My Awesome Girl, who is also an Awesome Artist (takes after her dad!) has been getting some art lessons of late.  A sweet and talented young lady from our church takes time out of her busy life to teach my girl every week.  I'm simply stunned by Hannah's talent, every time I walk into her studio, and I know how blessed we are for my girl to be tutored and mentored by someone with a gift, and a desire to share that.

Hannah is the youngest of three girls, all grown and accomplishing great things for God.  And it's not surprising, if you know their parents.  Both are smart, creative and giving of their time and talent.

The art lesson is at Hannah's home, and they have a very long driveway that is a steep incline.   So when I drop my girl off, it's at the very end of the driveway; but when I pick her up, I park at the end of the driveway, then walk the length of it, to get to the studio.  And every week, I'm eager to make that walk, because the front and side yards of the house are never the same thing twice.  They are adding a patio/barbeque area to the side yard, and doing landscaping and hardscaping in the front yard.  A fountain and stream, new pavers on the front porch.  And just for added color and whimsy, I sometimes have to step around dog toys, and grandchild-toys.

And I love it every week.

It's a home where life is happening.  There's evidence of painting, building, creating and growing in every direction.  I find that it stimulates me to want to accomplish something in my home, too.  Sometimes I come home and start a project, sometimes I just come home and make cleaning or organizing my project for the day.  Other times, I come home, see the family's clutter in my kitchen or living room, and remember that there's living and growing and creating going on here, too!  :)

It's good to remember that messes aren't all bad.  Good things cause messes ~ like organizing closets, moving to a bigger home, home improvement and art projects.

So don't think of it as:  your life is a mess; think of it as:  you're a work in progress!  And He's creating something amazing!


~ "Behold, I have created the blacksmith
who blows the coals in the fire,
who brings forth an instrument for his work" ~
Isaiah 54:16

No comments:

Post a Comment