Thursday, June 7, 2012

I can't trust my shampoo, either...

"Everlasting God"
Genesis 21:33

I've been lied to.  A promise has been made, and not kept.

I'm devastated.

Not really.

I'm also not surprised...

The culprit?  My shower gel.

It's a scent called Everlasting Sunshine.  It was new, so I thought I'd give it a try.

And while we're on the subject, is anyone else's shower starting to look like a smoothie bar?  The products in my shower include tropical coconut, juicy green apple, mango, mandarin orange, vanilla, cucumber, melon, lavender, wild cherry, peach, grape and avocado.  No wonder I'm starving every morning when I come out of there...  :)

So we bought a new "flavor" of shower gel.  Everlasting Sunshine.  It says it has the fragrances of passion flower and vanilla.  But not so much.  I guess, truth be told, I really don't know what passion flower smells like, but it's not very strong, I guess.  And I can't smell any vanilla at all.  I mean, it's pleasant smelling, but not like I'd hoped.  It's barely sunshine, much less everlasting

So why did they give it such a lofty name?  Maybe just marketing.  Or maybe the manufacturers really thought it was that good.

But it's not. 

Just a reminder that the only promises we can really count on, are God's.  Scripture's full of them.  Sometimes they look like this:  "I, even I, am He who blots our your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins." (Isaiah 43:25)

And sometimes they look like this:  "the armies in heaven... followed Him on white horses... and He Himself will rule with a rod of iron." (Revelation 19:14,15)

What He says He will do, He will do.

"just as He promised"
Exodus 12:25

No comments:

Post a Comment