Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nowhere to run to, baby?

"Therefore you shall flee!"
Isaiah 30:16

Our family all got new cell phones a few weeks ago.  The one that the kids use when they're away from home was so old it needed to be replaced, and my Hubby's would never work from home, so he's been wanting to switch to a different company, to get better coverage.  My phone was fine, and I loved it, but we all gotta be on the same plan, so....

So I'm still learning the in's and out's of my new phone.  How to do all the stuff I do ~ which is really just receive calls, and text my kids and hubby ~ and learning any features that are new to me, that I might want to make use of.

So the other day I asked my Awesome Girl to see if I have any games on my phone.  I really am not one to play electronic games, but I thought if they were there, I might make use of it once in awhile when I'm having to wait someplace. 

But it turns out, the only thing my phone came with is a demo version of Pac-Man.

I hate Pac-Man. 

While I don't play a lot of computer games, the ones I do play are things like Solitaire, and Mahjong.  Games where I can relax, take my time, maybe use a little strategy.  And if it's something that's timed, that's fine, as long as it's just me trying to beat my best time. 

And I hate games where I have to rush to avoid losing, or worse ~ games where I'm being pursued.  Those make me crazy; panicky.  And I hate that in a game like Pac-Man, I'm being chased, and I have nowhere to run to.  No "safe" place. 

I need a safe place.  Fortunately, it's only a concern for me in video games.  I think about that sometimes, when something is worrying me, or when I don't know what to do with an upcoming decision.  I can always rely on the knowledge that even if I make a mistake, He'll take care of me.  That if something is wrong in my life, I can flee to Him through prayer, or in His Word.  He promises peace in trials (Philippians 4:6-7); wisdom in confusion (James 1:5); and courage in fear (Isaiah 41:10).

If you gotta flee, He's the place to be.

"Indeed we do come to You,
 for You are the Lord our God"
Jeremiah 3:22

No comments:

Post a Comment