Sunday, July 22, 2012

Each one alike, and each one different

"This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it"
Psalm 118:24

This day is special.  Exciting and wonderful.  This is a day that has been eagerly anticipated. 

So today, I eagerly pray that my words, my actions, even the thoughts of my heart would be pleasing to Him.

I want my decisions to be His will.  I want my words to come from His Spirit within me.  I want my attitudes to not betray the old nature that lurks within me.

I give Him this day, because He gave it to me.  And I hope the special events of this day would be remembered for the glory they bring Him.

Because really, this day is an ordinary day.  But it is the day He has made.  So it's an extraordinary day.

~ "Proclaim the good news of His salvation
  from day to day" ~
Psalm 96:2

No comments:

Post a Comment