Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Sheep looks at Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want.
 I will not
I will never
I will not know want
I will not desire
I will never be in need

He makes me lie down in green pastures
He compels me
He guides me
He makes me lie down to rest
to sleep
 to stop

He leads me beside quiet waters
 He leads me to a place of silence
a place to think
a place of refreshment
of sound
of peace
and beauty

He restores my soul
 He replenishes my spirit

He guides me in paths of righteousness
He guides me in right choices
He leads me to be blameless
virtuous

He makes me... He leads me... He guides me...

why?

For His name's sake
 To bring Him glory
 
Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death
Whether now
or in the future
It does not matter
It is only a shadow

I will fear no evil

why?
 
 You are with me
 You.  me.  together.  now. 
You promise
I am confident

Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me
though they might hurt
they discipline
and they comfort

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies
 My enemies are still in my presence
but so are You

You anoint my head with oil
I am chosen
I am called
 
my cup overflows
I am blessed
to abundance
milk and honey
and eternal life
 
Surely goodness and love will follow me 
all the days of my life
I will be a blessing to others around me
I will leave goodness and love in my wake
 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Now
and always

No comments:

Post a Comment