Tuesday, July 31, 2012

If... then

"Now, therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice 
and keep My covenant, 
then you shall be a special treasure to Me
   above all people"
Exodus 19:5

"If you indeed obey, and do all that I speak, 
then I will be an enemy to your enemies
and an adversary to your adversaries"
Exodus 23:22

"When you turn to the Lord your God
and obey His voice
(for the Lord your God is a merciful God), 
He will not forsake you nor destroy you,
nor forget the covenant of your fathers 
which He swore to them"
Deuteronomy 4:30-31  

"And it shall be 
that if you earnestly obey My commandments 
which I command you today, 
to love the Lord your God and 
serve Him with all your heart and all your soul, 
then I will give you the rain for your land in its season,
 the early rain and the latter rain, 
that you may gather in your grain,
    your new wine, and your oil"
Deuteronomy 11:12-14

"Observe and obey all these words
which I command you, 
that it may go well with you
and your children after you forever, 
when you do what is good and right
in the sight of the Lord your God"
Deuteronomy 12:28

"the Lord will greatly bless you 
in the land which the Lord your God is giving you 
to possess as an inheritance -
only if you carefully obey the voice of the Lord your God, 
to observe with care all these commandments
which I command you today"
 Deuteronomy 15:4-5

"Now it shall come to pass, 
if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, 
to observe carefully all His commandments
which I command you today, 
that the Lord your God will set you high
above all nations of the earth.  
And all these blessings shall come upon you
and overtake you
because you obey the voice of the Lord your God"
Deuteronomy 28:1-2

"Obey My voice and I will be your God, 
and you shall be My people.  
And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, 
that it may be well with you"
Jeremiah 7:23

Don't you love that He tells us why?

So much better than "Because I said so."

~

No comments:

Post a Comment