Sunday, July 15, 2012

He has chosen wisely

"I have chosen you"
Haggai 2:23


I wasn't feeling well yesterday, 
and I didn't want to tidy my home 
or make dinner for my family.  

So why do it?

Because He has chosen me 
to be mother to these wonderful children, 
and wife to this wonderful man.

~

In the mornings I pray, 
and sometimes I can barely keep my eyes open.

So why do it?

Because He has chosen me to be His child, 
and receive His knowledge and love.

~

There are days I struggle with my ministry, 
and the things He has called me to do.

So why do them?

Because He has chosen me to serve others, 
to bring Him glory.

~

My sweet husband holds up our small family, 
and works selflessly to support us, 
in a job he doesn't enjoy.  
 
So why do it?

Because He has chosen him for us. 

~

They, and you, and I, have been chosen by Him 
to carry burdens we don't want, and don't understand.

So why do it? 

Because we have been chosen.

~

And the Lord will uphold those He has chosen.

~

~ "Choose for yourselves this day
whom you will serve...
But as for me and my house,
we will serve the Lord" ~
Joshua 25:15

No comments:

Post a Comment