Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sometimes I'm just a spiritual two-year-old

"when I cry and shout"
Lamentations 3:8

I found myself mad at God a few weeks ago.  And it's not the first time.  Although I think it might have only been the second.  Maybe the third...

Sometimes people are scandalized at the thought of being mad at God, but I think anger is a legitimate emotion, created by God.  And He's big; He can handle our anger.   The important thing to keep in mind is Ephesians 4:26 ~ "Be angry, and do not sin."  In other words, it's what you do with your anger that might be sinful, not the anger itself.

And I wasn't angry very long.  I know He's right.  But for awhile I was doing some grumbling and spiritual glaring at God.

Then the following Sunday morning, I sat down for worship, and one of the songs we sang included a line that was Peter's response to Jesus in John 6.  When many of those who were following Him turned away, Jesus said to the disciples, "Do you also want to go away?"  And Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the words of eternal life."

And I knew exactly what Peter meant.  I just can't stay angry at my Creator and Savior.  He is my source for peace, faith and joy.  And when my tantrums are over, He is waiting for me with His arms open.

~ "But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord;
I say, 'You are my God.' " ~
Psalm 31:14
~  

No comments:

Post a Comment