Tuesday, July 5, 2011

All Together Now (all together now)

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, 
neither slave nor free, 
nor is there male and female, 
for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
Galatians 3:28


Living life takes a lot of time and energy.  I'm trying to be the best I can be ~ the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, student... the best Christian I can.


And you're trying to be the best you can be.  


So it's easy for us to forget one very important truth:  


We're all in this together.  

You and me, and everyone else.  


We've each got our time on this planet, to make a difference, and to make a choice.  


But none of us walks alone on the journey.


We're all in this together.

I'm old, and you're young.  Or I'm young and you're old.  


I honor the Sabbath one way, and you honor it another way. 


You don't eat red meat, and I don't drink alcohol, but...


We're all in this together.

You and me, and my neighbor and yours.  


Barack Obama and John Boehner; Queen Elizabeth and the Pope and Bono. 


With all we have in common, and with all our differences.


Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together... but encouraging one another, because...


We're all in this together.




No comments:

Post a Comment