Monday, February 6, 2012

It ain't resting, unless it's resting in Him...

For reasons that I'll explain in a future post, my sweet family and I are absolutely exhausted.  Eyes sleepy; brains non-functioning; arms and legs dragging.  So as we pulled into the garage, I started thinking about some of the things God has to say about rest. 

I hope I'll be reminded ~ and maybe you, too ~ that rest isn't just about getting enough sleep, but about knowing we are His. 

"God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work, which He created and made"
Genesis 2:3

"The Lord my God has given me rest on every side"
1 Kings 5:4

"Thus says the Lord: 'Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is.  And walk in it.  Then you will find rest for your souls.' "
Jeremiah 6:16

"My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest"
Exodus 33:14

"My heart rejoiced and my tongue was glad and I will rest in hope"
Acts 2:26

"This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest... this is the refreshing"
Isaiah 28:12

"Thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: 'In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength' "
Isaiah 30:15

"My people will dwell in peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings and in quiet resting places"
Isaiah 32:18

"O Lord our God, we rest on You!"
2 Chronicles 14:11

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls"
Matthew 11:28-29

I wish this for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment