Sunday, March 25, 2012

Job's focal point

"In my flesh I shall see God"
Job 19:26

I love Job's certainty of this glory, even in the midst of his trials.  And I love that this truth is so near the surface of his emotions.  Job's suffering was so great, that it has set the standard for pain endured by humans, yet he never lost sight of his reward.

Is this what my focus would be in the face of suffering beyond my comprehension?  I can tell you it is far from my thoughts in the middle of my trials ~ trials so small they can hardly be called that.

And what is this promise that I accept so blithely and take for granted?  That I shall see the face of God.  Say that out loud:  "I shall see the face of God."   To accept His gift of salvation is to know that we will be like Him, and we will see Him as He is.

Man, I love His promises...

~ "Beloved, now we are children of God; 
and it has not yet been revealed 
what we shall be, 
but we know that when He is revealed, 
we shall be like Him, 
for we shall see Him as He is." ~
1 John 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment