Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ready or not...

"in this world you will have tribulation"
John 16:33

I'm thinking today about warnings:

"I need to talk to you..."

"Something has happened..."

"I'm sorry to call you at this hour..."

Sometimes, shortly before big or difficult events in life, we are given a warning.

And in general, I'd tell you that I prefer it that way.  Change can be hard, and more so if it's sprung on me.  I'd rather buckle up and be ready, and then I'm much better at adapting.

That's what I would tell you.

But really, when it comes down to it, warnings are scary.   They tell us there is something coming that we need to dread, and then we feel like we have been given permission to be anxious. 

But I have no permission to be anxious.  I have no business being anxious.   Something bad, negative, scary or uncomfortable is on the way.  Tonight, tomorrow, next week, this summer.... maybe all of the above.  But I am held in His hand every minute of every day.

~ "I am persuaded that neither things present
 nor things to come... 
shall be able to separate us from the love of God 
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" ~
Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment