Monday, March 12, 2012

The Substance of Things Hoped For

"the faith of the saints"
Revelation 13:10

Recently I was reading the last chapter of the Book of Romans, and was reminded of one of my favorite phrases of Paul's, "the obedience of faith".  (It's used in chapters 1 and 16.)  I remember the first time I read that phrase, and I absolutely loved the concept of faith being the origin and source of obedience.  So today I thought I'd share what I discovered, when I looked to see what else we should know about faith:  what it gives us ~ what it leads to ~ what it consists of. 

Faith leads to action

"deeds of faithfulness" 
2 Chronicles 32:1

"work of faith" 
1 Thessalonians 1:3

"door of faith"
Acts 14:27

"fight of faith"
1 Timothy 6:12

"race of faith"
Hebrews 12:1


Faith is why we communicate with Him
 
"prayer of faith" 
Psalm 6:1

"hymn of faith" 
Habakkuk 3:17


Faith protects us:

"shield of faith" 
Ephesians 6:16

"breastplate of faith"
1 Thessalonians 5:8


Faith needs to be shared:
 
"declaration of faith"
Psalm 27:1

"profession of faith"
Acts 8:9


Faith edifies us:
 
"full of faith" 
Acts 6:5

"righteousness of faith" 
Romans 4:13

"repentance of faith"
Hebrews 6:1


Faith impacts those around us:

"word of faith"
Romans 10:8

"joy of faith"
Philippians 1:25

"spirit of faith"
2 Corinthians 4:13

"household of faith"
Galatians 6:10


Don't you love that?  If you've got faith, you've got everything you need!

~ "Without faith it is impossible to please Him" ~
Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment