Monday, August 13, 2012

Gifts that keep on Giving

"your love for one another"
1 Thessalonians 4:9


I had some candy the other day.  

It wasn't mine; it was my Amazing Boy's.  

And I didn't ask.  He offered, and then insisted.  

I'm very blessed to have a son so sweet.

~

He got the candy from his sister, my Awesome Girl.  

She bought it for him.  

She bought it because she had a gift card for a store, and while she was getting something for herself, she wanted to get something for her brother, too.   

I'm very blessed to have a daughter so thoughtful.

~

Awesome Girl got the gift card from her aunt and uncle.  

They bought it for her for no particular reason, 
other than they love spoiling people they love.

I'm blessed to have a brother and sister so giving. 

~

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are in my life because of the man I married ~ the Apple of my Eye.  When you marry someone, you get everyone who comes with them. 

I fell in love with him because he's sweet and selfless 
and loves me so much.  
And I'm very, very blessed to be married to him.
 {Happy Anniversary, my love!}

~

The reason he's so wonderful, 
is that he was raised by two fabulous people.  
Gentle and wise and funny and loving.  

I'm very blessed to have such extraordinary in-laws.

~

Kindness begets kindness.  
Do something thoughtful for someone,
 and they will do something thoughtful for someone else.  
Blessings become a chain. 

And maybe, just maybe, you'll get some candy.

~ "Now about your love for one another, 
we do not need to write to you,
for you yourselves have been taught by God 
to love each other" ~
1 Thessalonians 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment