Thursday, January 10, 2013

Loving what I have

"be content with such things as you have"
Hebrews 13:5

Okay, hmmm..... let's see, what do I have? 

I have a house with not enough closet space and a master bathroom that needs to be renovated.

I have a child who seems determined not to learn World History, and a child who balks at creative writing, and a husband who is too often forgetful.

I also have a dog who barks at nothing and everything, and a cat who thinks the house is hers.

Oh, and I have a migraine.

How easy is it to be content with these things that I have?  Very easy.

I can be content with a son who loves to make me laugh; a daughter who is smart as a whip, who challenges me; and a husband who so often puts my desires over his own. 

I have a beautiful house that is just right for my family, with furniture that is comfortable and full of memories.  I have a closet full of clothes.

And I have a headache that is forcing me to relax.

I also have the wonderful, comforting knowledge that the Father planned for me to have all these things at this time.  He is working in me, teaching me and growing me, because I am content to have a teachable spirit, and faith that my Father will work all these things for my good.

I guess it's all in how you look at it.

~ "Every good gift
and every perfect gift
is from above,
and comes down 
from the Father of lights" ~
James 1:17
~

No comments:

Post a Comment