Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Look to Him, no matter your condition

"Give to him who asks you, 
and from him who wants to borrow from you 
do not turn away."
Matthew 5:42

Okay, well, I'm gonna do a little mocking of a loved one here.  But it's going to be gentle mocking, and I'm going to mock something I've done myself a time or two, and I'm not going to use any names, so my loved one can maintain their dignity.

A few weeks ago, one of my loved ones used my conditioner.  Out of the shower.  Which is not a huge deal, really.  The only reason I call it "mine" is that it's for curly hair, and I'm the only one in the house with curly hair.

So, someone was out of conditioner, and used mine.  So I got a new bottle of conditioner out of the cupboard and took it to said loved one, who responded, "Where did that come from?"  I said, "from the cupboard." (The one where we keep all our extra health and beauty stuff.)

And you know how my loved one responded?  "Oh."  So I said, "It was right in plain sight."  And he/she responded, "Oh, well I never looked."

Now, I didn't make too much fun of my loved one, because, as I say, it's something I've done myself.  But you have to admit, it's ridiculous to not even look for something you need, in a place you know you're likely to find it.

Why do we do that?  Why do we just assume we have nothing, when we have something?  Why don't we even look?  God provides us with what we need.  And when we think we're out... when we think we're empty, we're not.  He has more.  More what?  Grace.  Peace.  Understanding.  Faith.  Love.  He is the source.

Seek, and you shall find.

~ "Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God,
and there is no other." ~
Isaiah 45:22
~

No comments:

Post a Comment