Sunday, May 18, 2014

Coconuts, Octopuses and Porcupines

"Have I not written to you excellent things
   of counsels and knowledge?"
Proverbs 22:20

Did you know these things?


You can't breathe and swallow at the same time. 

Coconuts kill more people than sharks every year. 

Reno, Nevada is west of Los Angeles.

France has more time zones than Russia.

Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln were born on the same day.

You can't hum if you're holding your nose. 

An octopus has three hearts.

Guinea pigs are neither pigs, nor from Guinea.

Alaska is the easternmost U.S. state. 

Porcupines can float. 

A donkey will sink in quicksand, but a mule won't.


Some of those facts I got online.  Others I knew already, and I don't remember where I learned them.  Some of them are interesting and intriguing, and some seem downright impossible to me.

Facts that don't make sense excite me, because they're true, even though they don't make sense.  Sometimes I'm skeptical, but well, facts are facts, you know?  They can seem illogical, or even contradictory of other facts, and yet... truth is truth.

We think we're so smart, and yet there's so much we don't know.  Or we don't understand.  Why can't we trust Him more?

~ "Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise;
Apply your heart to My knowledge" ~
Proverbs 22:17
~

No comments:

Post a Comment