Monday, May 5, 2014

Psalm 32

So I was praying about a decision the other day, and a verse came into my head, that I thought might be the answer.  I couldn't quite place it, or even get the wording quite right, but I was already in bed, so I figured I'd look it up the next day. 

The next day, when I got up, I turned on my computer to check for emails.  Now, for years I have received a daily email with a Bible verse on it, which is a nice way to start my day.  And of course you know what I'm going to say:  the verse that was emailed to me, was the one I'd been thinking about the night before. 

Naturally, my decision was made. 

The verse is out of Psalm 32, and needless to say, I've been pondering that psalm for a few days.  So here are some of the highlights for you.

"Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

I acknowledged my sin to You,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,'
and You forgave the iniquity of my sin.

Therefore let everyone who is godly
offer prayer to You at a time when You may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
they shall not reach him.

You are a hiding place for me;
You preserve me from trouble;
You surround me with shouts of deliverance.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with My eye.

Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;
But he who trusts in the Lord,
mercy shall surround him.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous;
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!"

 (Psalm 32:1-2,5-8,10-11)

Selah.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment